MICROWAVE COD FILLETS PROVENCAL – SERVINGS: 4
- Cod fillets – 1 lb
- Onion, medium chopped – 1 onion
- Olive oil – 5 tbsp
- Garlic clove, minced – 1 clove
- Ripe tomatoes, chopped – 2 large
- Basil leaves, dried – 1 tsp
- Thyme leave, dried – 1/2 tsp
- Parsley, fresh minced – 1 tbsp
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Adjust ingredients according to desired servings. Salt and pepper to taste.
MICROWAVE COD FILLETS PROVENCAL – STEPS:
- Mix ingredients in a bowl, open bag and pour the ingredients with the fish into the bag.
- Properly seal the bag “zipper”. Ensure it is tightly closed.
- Lay the filled bag on a microwavable plate and place in microwave.
- Average cooking time is between 2 – 4 minutes for a 1000w microwave.
- When done, remove the plate/bag using oven mitts. Let stand for 1 minute. If not sufficiently cooked reseal the bag and continue cooking in 30 second increments.
- Carefully open the bag and place the fish on the plate using tongs.
- Pour any remaining seasonings and or liquid over the plated food.
IMPORTANT: Handle carefully: hot steam/liquid escapes from the bag.