MICROWAVE VEGETARIAN OMELETTE – SERVINGS: 4-5
- Eggs – 5
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Small onion, chopped – 1
- Bell pepper any color, chopped – 1
- Mushrooms medium, sliced – 3-4
- Baby spinach – ¼ cup
- Salt – ¾ tsp.
- Black pepper freshly ground – ¼ tsp.
- Swiss cheese shredded – 2 oz.
Adjust ingredients according to desired serving size. Season to taste.
MICROWAVE VEGETARIAN OMELETTE – STEPS :
- Break eggs into a measuring cup. Add 3 tablespoons of milk. Slightly beat with a whisk. Pour into medium bag.
- Add dry seasonings, butter, onion, bell pepper, salt, black pepper and Swiss cheese directly into medium bag.
- Properly seal the bag “zipper”. Ensure it is tightly closed. Lightly mix ingredients with hands.
- Place bag on a plate standing up & then in microwave.
- Average cooking time is 3½ – 4½ minutes for a 1000W microwave.
- When done, remove the plate/bag using oven mitts. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Carefully open the zipper. Careful steam will escape.
- If not sufficiently cooked reseal the bag and continue cooking in 30 second increments.
- Place omelette onto plate using a spatula.
IMPORTANT: Handle carefully: hot steam/liquid escapes from the bag.